Welcome! The Immaculata / St. Mary's Academy & College campus is owned and operated by the Society of St. Pius X, an international priestly society founded in 1970 by Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre to maintain the traditional Catholic priesthood and all the works related to it.
Our property is located in Saint Marys, Kansas, America's heartland, on 465 rolling acres. We are approximately twenty-five miles west of Topeka, the State Capitol. The Jesuits originally constructed our eleven historical buildings on the site of an old mission, dating from 1848, where they served the Potawatomi Indians. In the early 1900's, Saint Mary's was a well-known college and seminary. It closed in 1967 and was purchased by the Society in 1978.
We are committed to fulfill with loyalty and dedication Archbishop Lefebvre's command:
"We have to build, while the others are demolishing. The crumbled citadels have to be rebuilt, the bastions of Faith have to be reconstructed; firstly the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass of all times, which forms saints; then our chapels, monasteries, our large families, our enterprises faithful to the social politics of the Church, our politicians determined to make the politics of Jesus Christ - this is a whole fiber of Christian social life, Christian customs, Christian reflexes, which we have to restore."